MACKENNA

Friday, March 5, 2010

GOOD NEWS!

So I just got back from the doctor and I got good news...

I have a 7MM stone in my right kidney and a 6MM stone in my left, not HUGE, but not small either...the good news is that they are not obstructing anything and I'm able to empty my bladder from the kidneys normally. I also only have a 30-40% chance of passing these on my own, which means the likelihood is not very high. He explained the different options we have at this point:

1) putting a stent in both sides, which he said is not necessary for my "diagnosis"
2) "blasting" them which breaks them up and allows them to turn to dust and pass with no pain
3) NOTHING

Because I am in no pain and he doesn't see a great risk of these turning into a kidney infection (that's the only thing that would cause pre-term labor) he reccommended, if I was his daughter, to not do anything until the baby is born and go with Option 3. THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THEM THOUGH! The plan right now is that if I have a healthy delivery and no C-section, they will most likely do the blasting surgery right there while I'm already in the hospital. If for some reason I have to have a C-Section or my delivery doesn't go smooth for whatever reason, they'll have me come back in August to have the procedure.

I am so relieved and feel so much better after seeing Dr. McCurdy today. Both he and my OB have been wonderful and we feel so lucky they are so on top of me, and the baby!

Tomorrow, I'll be 21 weeks...19 more to go!!! Ahhhh, over half way, can't believe it!

Til next time,
Kara and Nate

PS...Nate got to feel the little munchkin for the first time on Tuesday night...he was in pure awe at her kick or punch or whatever it was and she's been moving so much more lately that I'm pretty sure, he'll start to feel her a lot more in the next coming days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment