MACKENNA

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Almost 3...

In 1 week, Mackenna will be 3!!!!! I don't know where the time goes and sadly enough, it just keeps going faster and faster! With the move taking up so much of our time over the last 60 days, I thought I'd sum up a few BIG moments and fun things going on in the life of Kenna :) 

* SO independent - sometimes too independent. She knows who she is and doesn't want to change one bit about that! It's been hard as parents to let her spread her wings - we definitely have to pull on the reins at times!

* She is incredibly stubborm - gee wonder where she gets that?!?!

* She is beyond obsessed with anything and everything princess! She cries when we try and put jeans on her and prefers to only wear dresses. If we get pants or leggings on her, it's with the compromise that she at least as a princess shirt on; preferably Disney Princess :) I always said I wouldn't have the 'character' child and well...here we are - FULL ON CHARACTER CHILD! But a cute one at that.

* She's 1 week into being potty trained - HORRAY for being DIAPER FREE! And boy does her lil butt look adorable in those undies...princess of course :)

* Her vocabulary continues to amaze us - I can't even document the words she says anymore as she is well beyond that type of documentation. The articulation she has is so amazing and her intelligence speaks volumes when you hear her talk. While she can't understand everything we might say or what it means, she does her best to figure it out and we are able to have the best conversations with her now.

* She loves and she loves hard...a blessing and a curse if I can even say that. She has been so attached to me as of late. She's been having some separation issues with Daddy and all his traveling again - so while I try and take full advantage of it all, there are times, I have to tell her to step away and try and teach her to be that independent lil girl I know she is.

* She's been more instrumental in getting herself ready. She loves to help pick out her clothes, brush her teeth, wash her hands and TRY and brush her hair :) Not too long ago, she started putting her shoes on by herself too! They may be on the wrong foot, but she loves to do it and feel like a big girl. We coach her through as much as she'll let us :) As of late, she loves to pick out her undies too and put those on all by herself.

* We know she's talented and gifted musically, but for the last couple months, she is quite the little singer on top of being a dancer. She can sing along to so many songs and truly knows all the words. Her favorite, and I swear I never even taught her this, is Justin Timberlake to the point where she even says, "Turn on JT, Mom!" and get super excited when she hears anything by him. Many of his songs are "her songs"! Outside of JT her talent with memorization and singing is just amazing and Nate and I both agree when we say we could listen to her all day :)

Outside of some of these note-worthy documentations, we just continue to be so amazed by her everyday. While not every day or every moment of the day is perfect, SHE is perfect and turning into the most incredible, amazing, intelligent, witty and loving little girl we could have asked for and been blessed with. With her birthday sneaking up on us once again, I sit back and reflect on just this last year and while my heart always feels love, more than ever I realized I have felt more proud of her this year than any of her years. I am so happy I get to call her my daughter every moment of my lift and hope she feels the same way about calling me mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment