MACKENNA

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Introducing the Newest Member to the TDW Family!

So last night, Mackenna had her first class at The Dance Warehouse aka TDW! We were so blessed to dance at Dance Esteem this past year, but I always knew when Mackenna hit 3 that wewould go to TDW!The teachers that I grew up with, opened this studio back in 2004 and I just thought it would be so cool to have the same teachers (and some new ones too!) teach my daughter the art of dance!

Her teachers are Miss Kari (I used to teach her!) and Miss Carrie (confusing for lil kids, LOL)! It's a 3 week summer program and a perfect way to get her acclimated to the studio and the teachers in time for her official fall class! She did very well and while she's still in her 'mama, don't leave me stage!', Kari let me sit in there and they assured me it's perfectly ok to do so until she gets out of that stage, they just want her to enjoy and find a love of dance :) GREAT way to approach in my opinion!

I became extremely happy when the first thing they did with the kids was marching with sticks!!!! I did that at that age and it's so fun to see them using it for Mackenna...they even use the same lil kid song to march too! They did some fun tapping activities and great things around ballet and of course ended with the mat where they even took out a fun balance beam :)

We're excited to go back and thankfully Mackenna agrees with me when I say that!!!

The sticks!!!!

Getting ready to march...

So excited!!!!

Sitting patiently behind her blue part ofthe mat - they had the kids line up on the mat the way we did back in the day too. "If you're wearing blue, come find a spot!" SO FUN to see the same memories being created with my lil dancer!

She even learned to walk backwards on the balance beam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment