MACKENNA

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Potty Time!

I cannot believe I am writing this post to document that today, June 8, 2013 marks the 1 week milestone of Mackenna being POTTY TRAINED!!!!!

Last Friday we were at our neighbors having a bonfire and I was listening to all the moms of 3 year olds talking about their experience and it just hit me that Saturday was going to be the day (the next morning) that we were just going to do this and COMMIT! She only had 2 diapers left and while my plan that morning was to go buy more, I said NO, it's time to DO THIS :) And what an amazing decision that turned out to be!

She has only had 1 potty accident in 1 week and 3 accidents all surrounding the lovely #2 piece. I knew that would be the hardest and I also know that when she finally does it, it will get easier each time. Actually last night, while she went in her night time undies (pull-ups, but we don't call them that since I actually think pull-ups are the worst invention EVER) she was in the bathroom trying to clean herself up before we got up there to help her. I think we're close to having her do it for the 1st time in the potty and I can't wait to document when she's fully trained! She's woken up EVERY morning with dry night time undies and goes straight to the bathroom - we are SO PROUD of her!!!!!!!  With her 3rd birthday next week, this is a pretty great way to ring it in with her :)

A cute lil shot last weekend - 2 days with no accidents!

Aunt Erica celebrated by giving her a couple cute gifts to reward the monumental occasion!

Last Tuesday Pati decided to start rewarding all the kids that are "potty training". If they go all day accident-free they get to take home a GOLD star to mommy and daddy. Wednesday June 5th was the first day she got to take one home and she was BEYOND excited!!!

"Check out my star, Mom!"

Dancing around as happy as can be with her star! Pati and Jess sent home a couple gold stars this weekend too, so it'll be fun to continue the celebrations at home! We will be hanging them in her room each time with the date on the back - of course we'll save them so she can see how dorky we were when she was little :)


No comments:

Post a Comment